4.19.2013

Pro Era, Underachievers and Flatbush Zombies Concert.


Joey Badass (Center) and Kirk Knight (Right) on stage at Highline Ballroom April 19th, 2013.

Around 9:00 pm....

I got down to the venue and there was a small line formed outside. This was my first time at the Highline ballroom and I was excited to see for myself.

Eventually, I got inside the venue and it is already very crowded. Flatbush Zombies just got on stage and the room was filled with smoke. A chimney affect was circulating around the room and no one seemed to care. I roamed around for quiet sometime until I found myself right in the middle of the madness.

Meech was already immune to throwing water bottles in the crowd, the sweat was dripping and crowd surfing was right around the corner. Everyone was getting loose and amped for what this show had in store. FBZ performed a few new songs and of course Thug Waffle and Bath Salts were in the line-up.






By 10:00 pm....

I was feeling the heat and I had been pushed and stepped on enough. I tired moving around to find my friend but that was not really working either.

Soon after Peter Rosenberg came out. I was excited to see him because, I feel like he is one of the few Hip Hop heads who actually appreciate what young cats are doing. I love for his interviews with some of my favorite artist. I know he will ask them substantial questions and I what the fans want to know.

Between trying to understand Odd Future and recognizing all members of Pro Era, I do not understand how he has a full time on the radio. He really loves this shit. He is not trying to disconnect one generation from another like most guys his age, although he does use the line, "Old Hip Hop Heads like me..." way to often which has its own conation. I appreciate him in the music industry and strive to be like him one day. To be able to host concerts of some the dopest artist of that time, be able to interview them and ask whatever I want would be a dream come true.



12pm.....


Joey Badass hits the stage the crowd goes WILD!!! Honestly the energy that I felt in there was so intense I could not handle it. Not only was I so happy for him, my heart hurt for the simple fact that Capital Steez was never going to come on stage. I would never see him perform live again. Pro Era is not complete without him.



ROSENBURG said early that people were basically sleeping on NYC and everything was going down south and elsewhere. I mean I guess that is ok, but sometimes you got to take it back to the root. NYC birthed this scene.

           


         
WIZ KHALIFA came out! SMOKE DZA came out! I could not control myself.
Pro Era and Wiz Khalifa on stage at Highline Ballroom April 18th, 2013



So my point.... 

I was not even thought of when hip hop started but, I can still understand it. I would never call myself a hip-hop head but I definitely appreciate everything about the culture.

Beastcoast is on the rise and I am so happy I could be here to experience it first hand!

About Unknown

My name is Lola Waters.

You Might Also Like