7.10.2015

Femme Favorite: 5 Things I've Learned from Gilda Ambrosio






1. She Isn’t Afraid of a Powerful Pant: 

  I must say, one of the things I admire most about Gilda are her long, lean, legs; which she isn’t afraid to drape in bedazzled denim or bell bottom khakis. She takes the pant most people hate and make them great, and I love her for it.


2.  Coats Always Have a Place:
10 Coats? Normal. 20 Coats? Crazy. 30 Coats? You need therapy.

Well not according to Gilda. Her collection of oversized, weather shields makes me want winter to come early (kinda….) Being that NY becomes a frozen tundra for half of the year, a girl like me needs to be prepared. I welcome all suggestions as to how I can better incorporate a coat (or 2) into a fashionable outfit and Glida is the best guide a girl can ask for.  



3.  Layers are Perfectly Legal:

An ankle length trench, a white cable knit sweater, bomber jacket, smart pencil pants, leather loafers and a Hermes bag.

Yup! That is all in one outfit. Layering is not a crime and you should embrace your layering abilities, even if that means 2 coats in one look. NO RULES, FUCK THE SYSTEM! ;P






4. Sneakers are Smart and Always Will Be!

I’m an avid sneaker wearer and tend to feel that I can only wear them with specific looks but, Gilda came to my rescue to change all that close-minded thinking. Wear sneakers with what ever you want. If you want it to work, make it happen.

Evening Gowns, ruffles skirts, patchwork ponchos? No garment is safe from the coupling of a sneaker.




5.  Have Fun with your Clothes but, Keep that Hair SHARP!
No need to explain.



In reality, Gilda’s style is not for everyone but it is definitely an inspiration. She seems to be a more sensible version of the Man Repeller but, a quirky Alelia May (who is also one of my favorite Femmes). After researching more about her and stalking her instagram a bit I found this!


Their middle parts are always on point and their sneaker closet is a sneakerhead’s wet dream.





Gilda’s style is fun, quirky and piercing in the best way possible. She makes me want to rework those jeans in the back of my closet and figure out a way to make them work. Its seems that she could make any item stylish with the right layering equipment and perfect accessory in hand. Her style is memorable and I love her look. 
About Unknown

My name is Lola Waters.

You Might Also Like