1.01.2016

10 Discoveries of 2015


2015, for me, was the year Discovery. 
I discovered not only a lot about myself but a lot about beauty, tech and traveling.

Here are my top ten items of 2015:

Morphe M439: A makeup brand offers quality brushes for a low price and expansive collections, count me in! The M439 is the the brush shown above which is the Holy Grail for buffing brushes! It's soft duo-fiber bristles and sturdy constructions makes it a must-have in one's collection. Need a flawless finish? Order this brush now and you will thank me later.

E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner: This little gem has completely changed my 'smokey-eye' game for good. Instead of using this for as a simple gel liner I base my eyelid with the creamy-ness and gently smoke it out using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Because it is a gel, it is perfect for layering other powder shadows or glitter. 

L.A. Girl Matte Liquid Lip Gloss: For a mere $4 your look can go from a plain jane to vampy vampire. Who doesn't want to look like a vampire?....Anyway this liquid lip gloss is great! It is long lasting and HYPER pigmented. The selection of colors are not BGF but... what's new?


Amerzy's Matte Liquid Lipstick: So if you do not know who Amerzy is just type her name into google really quickly and drool for a little. She is a makeup goddess and just SLAYS. Later in the year she released her line of liquid lipsticks with Lipland and I must say I was not disappointed. The formula is super smooth and long lasting and the color Montenegro is just beautiful. It honestly looks great on all skin tones and I believe it is suppose to be back in stock this January!

Beauty Blenders: This product is not new to the market but I must say, I just started using them faithfully this past year. I was not a believer until my friend did my makeup while using one and the finish was completely flawless. I still love a nice buffing brush, I turn to the blender when I want a light foundation look.  


Wick[ed] Candles: While visiting L.A. this past summer I picked up this wonderful, sexy, masculine, musky, woody, candle :) It may seem like I am overreacting to a seemingly simple household item but trust me, if you ever see one, smell it! 

Targus Grypton Portable Tripod : After purchasing my Nikon SS9900 I realized that I was not going to VLOG unless I had a handy tool to help me hold the camera. The tripod allows me to take great footage without strain. And the flexible legs are able to grip around almost anything!

NARS Copacabana Illuminator: The Pearly, pinkish, satin finish highlighter is a multi-purpose maven. Although a bit pricey, it definitely is worth your while because a little goes a long way and there is a bunch of product in the tube! Surprisingly this is great for darker skin tones and works well throughout the whole year. 

Kiehls Original Musk: I am pretty sure this a male-scent but it is AMAZING! I do not necessarily use this for my body but instead for my clothing, bedding and room scent in general. It smells like the man I would want to be in my room, if that makes sense? Hyper masculine with a wonderful after smells and once it settles it last for weeks.



Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water: Yes, to refreshed, revitalized skin. I usually use this after applying my toner, makeup or when my face/skin feels a little itchy on the train, honestly. It gives the skin a burst of hydration and vitamins and minerals that make you look refreshed. 

2015 was a great year for new products and I can not wait to see what 2016 has to offer. Share some of your favorite 2015 products and let me know what you are most excited for. Any new makeup releases or collaborations I should know about? 







About Unknown

My name is Lola Waters.

You Might Also Like