1.18.2016

7 Essentials for a Long Day!

Every morning I am haunted with the florid task of my picking my beauty-essentials for the entire day that will ensure a perfect-shineless-smudge-free face until bedtime. I know for many, this is a task that has seldomly been conquered or perfected. It seems that there are  only 2 choices: 1. To lug around your entire makeup collection or 2. realize while in the restroom of a au-bon-pain that 'damn I forgot to bring my (insert essential here)!'

So, I am here to say do not fret. I have managed to strip down my tag-along makeup bag to 7 essentials items.

1. Botanics Facial Oil: For everyone with dry skin, this is a life saver! It locks in moisture and is a multipurpose product. It can be applied to any dry areas of the face or body and can be used as a eyelid gloss for a great night-out makeup look.

2. Travel-size mascara: Surprisingly this can be used for brow-filler. I know, it sounds crazy but here me out. For anyone with black brows, apply the mascara lightly to the outer edges and center of the brow makes a fuller and more uniform look. It doubles as a brow filler and brow gel. Don't knock it until you try it!

3. NARS Illuminator Stick (Copacabana): There is no need to explain this product. It seriously is a holy-grail for me. Use this as a highlighter, eyeshadow, lip color, etc. It works for everyone!

4. E.L.F. Matte Lip Color

5. Black Eyeliner Pencil: This tool is perfect when the liquid wing liner has faded and you need a quick dramatic look. Apply the liner to the lid and smudge it out to create a quick smokey eye. Add a little of the Nars Illuminator to the inner corner of your eye and you are as good as gold!

6. MAC Studio Fix Powder: Because shine is live and well.

7: Blush (MAC Stubborn): Obviously this can be used just as a blush but, you can also add a bit of oil to the lid and then apply some blush for a glossy eyelid look.

Let me know if you tried any of these tricks for yourself and if they were a win or fail?
About Unknown

My name is Lola Waters.

You Might Also Like