7.28.2013

Garlic Shrimp & Broccoli

Garlic shrimp and broccoli is something I frequently order from restaurants, so I decided to try to make it at home. And if I do say so myself, it was pretty good!

What you will need:
6-7 Cloves of Garlic (2 tablespoons if it already minced garlic)
3 Green Scallions
1 1/2-2 pounds of fresh shrimp (Medium to Large)
1 1/2-2 Cups of Broccoli (Honestly you can use as much as you like, this is just an estimate)
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 Cup of Whipping Cream (You can also use heavy cream)
*If you use whipping cream you may want to have some flour on hand to make for a thicker sauce*

Marinating the Shrimp:
I marinate any seafood or meat that I use while cooking at least a day in advance, but it is not necessary. You can easily season the shrimp before cooking it to add that extra flavor. I prefer this meal to be a little bit on the spicy side so I just add a 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper. *Be careful. If you are not use to spicy food or have not used cayenne pepper before, use 1/2 tablespoon.*
Garlic salt, lemon juice, black pepper and lemon pepper are all great seasonings for this dish. 

Heat the Olive oil and toss in the minced garlic. Make sure the stove is on a medium to high heat. 

Toss in the scallion with the garlic. This will create a strong aroma so I recommend you cook with a lid.
Stir until garlic is golden brown.   

Once the Garlic starts to brown, you can add in the seasoned shrimp. DO NOT DRAIN THE SHRIMP. This water is what is going to add flavor to the whipping/heavy cream once you pour it into the skillet. 

Do not add the cream until all the shrimp are cooked. I decided not to boil the broccoli before hand, but honestly I recommend you cook it a little before add it in, unless you like firm broccoli of course. 
Once everything is in the skillet you can turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir on occasion. This is great with brown or white rice.
Enjoy!


About Unknown

My name is Lola Waters.

You Might Also Like